Thursday 16 January 2014

Chelmsford Wedding Photography - Sue & Phil at Essex Police Sports & Social Club


The wedding I went to in October 2011 was to be the ultimate test of my amateur photography skills. Along with my wedding cake making skills, Maid of Honour skills and venue decorating skills!

One of my most special friends, Sue, was getting married and I was her go to girl. I organised the decorations for the venue and made the cake which I then took with me all the way from Yorkshire to Essex. Well my husband Richard is the driver, so his fantastic car packing skills and calm temperament when driving helped calm my nerves a great deal.

Once there I was on whole day photographer duties, making sure Sue had everything she needed and so much more. I must say it was one of the most tiring and fulfilling days of my life. I project managed my team of venue decorators while I set up the cake. Then we had the photographs to do before the sun went down. This was a real challenge but ended up working out better than expected. After the photographs we got all the food ready and I ate for the first time - I remember that sushi was the most amazing thing ever.

I got to run around with the children for a bit and photograph the cutting of the cake and the first dance. I remember when I got back to the Premier Inn that I could no longer feel my feet and I was so tired, but so awake from the massive high. 

Here's some of my favourites and the full album is here. p.s. I apologise in advance for the selective colour. I am reworking some of my earlier photos at the moment and these will be coming up in a future blog post.



 







No comments:

Post a Comment