Thursday 26 June 2014

Scarborough Wedding Photography - Louise & Jonah at the Stephen Joseph Theatre


My first ever wedding as THE photographer was at the end of May and I couldn't have asked for a more perfect and scary location. I found Louise on a Facebook group looking for an affordable and local wedding photographer who was looking to build their portfolio. I got in touch and we hit it off at the start, especially as we discovered we went to the same gym!

The venue was the amazing Stephen Joseph Theatre and the couple were married on the McCarthy stage, which is normally used as a cinema screen. The building itself has been restored to is original 1930's glory as it was once Scarborough's Odeon cinema, I even remember being taken to see films there when I was younger. Although a beautiful venue and an amazing location for a wedding, I was initially scared of the light available in the theatre itself, or indeed the lack of it. Before the wedding I got a new camera, lens and the various bits I needed to cope with this. I will say it was most definitely a fantastic learning curve and a fantastic first day as a wedding photographer. Although it still sounds very weird calling myself that.

After the wedding ceremony we had a quick trip up to the clock tower, a traditional spot for Scarborough wedding photos, and then straight back for the reception. The reception was also held in the theatre and as their was no one currently utilising the restaurant and kitchen space, Louise's family used these to prepare and serve a fantastic three course meal to all the guests. In fact along with the flautist who played Louise into the venue and the entertainment and videography, it was a lovely display of how friends and family can help you have an amazing wedding by lending a helping hand!

You can see all the images here if you want to see the day in detail!


























































No comments:

Post a Comment