Monday 26 January 2015

Alternative Wedding Venues - Scarborough, North Yorkshire

I've had a few people ask me where is a bit different to get married or hold an epic party in and around the Scarborough area. So I thought it the perfect subject for a blog post!

Here is my list in no particular order, just something a bit different to hotels and pub function rooms!


1. Scarborough Fair Collection

This venue is probably one of my favourites in Scarborough as it sums up the town perfectly. There is a large section of fully operational fairground rides and a theatre area suitable for a reasonably large party.

Dodgems, waltzers, children's rides and a proper old school merry go round are available to use during your party and they can even accommodate extras such as a hog roast and ice cream vans!

If you want a fun filled reception with a difference this is certainly worth a look!






2. Stephen Joseph Theatre

The first official wedding I shot was on the McCarthy stage of the Stephen Joseph Theatre and it was a unique setting with some amazing staff.

If you're a film and theatre buff this would be the perfect place for a wedding. They have a marriage license so you can get wed on the premises and a large bar area for your reception. You can see more photos of the wedding here




  3. Falling Foss Tea Room & Waterfall
 
Another amazing place I was lucky enough to shoot a wedding at last year was Falling Foss. This is a perfect place for people who love the outdoors or want somewhere where you can get married and then tuck into the best scones in England (in my opinion). They are really flexible and whether you want sole use or not, afternoon tea or a hog roast - they are there to help. Have a look through more photos here (the barn shots are from the next venue...) and give them a call if you want to look round.

p.s. Don't forget to have a scone with a mug of tea!


4. Stepney Hill Farm

Following on from my last venue, the couple who were married at Falling Foss held their evening reception the following day at Stepney Hill Farm.

A large barn with a bar, dance floor, hay bales and room for a live band this is the perfect place for a proper shindig. With a maximum capacity of 300 you don't have to worry about the guest list that much as there is plenty of room to party!

They also have a tea room available to hire for up to 40 people.

Oh and if you go for a visit don't forget to visit the farm shop where you can purchase some lovely home grown meat and produce.





5.  Pinewood Park

Now I've not been here, but it looks awesome. A wild west themed holiday park with glamping, tipis and camping, it would be perfect for someone wanting a festival wedding!


               Photo from Cool Camping


Somewhere else I would love to shoot a wedding at, this place is pretty unique and is whatever you can make of it.

No photos available for this one, but there are loads here on their website so go and have a looksee!


7. Betton Farm Tearoom

Available for short or longer functions, Betton Farm has a wonderful tearoom and conservatory available to hire. They have varied menus available and the venue is in a peaceful location.

I've been to a christening here (the food is gorgeous) and am shooting a wedding here in the summer. Looking forward to a day on the farm!



8. Olympia Leisure

Now this is my wildcard as I  have no idea if they would host a wedding party, but they have the facilities and offer similar functions so it would totally be worth asking. I was trying to think of where I would hold my party if I were to hold my big day all over again and it would be here.

A night of pinball, bowling, slush and 2p machines - that would be awesome!





This is just my list and is by no means everywhere. Let me know in the comments if I have missed anywhere or if you were married or have had an epic party somewhere awesome in Scarborough!

No comments:

Post a Comment